In an unforeseen turn of events, Mexico’s youth player Diego Luciano 1d managed to score a 2-0 record in the 1st China v. Ibero-American Internet Weiqi Friendship Competition which took place on OGS on the 27th and 28th of May.
These two victories made for an overall 9-1 result for China in each of the two rounds of the match. The teams consisted of six male, two female, and two youth players each. The pairings were the following:
- Cui Qianjin v. Abraham Florencia (MEX)
- Fernando Aguilar (ARG) v. Zhang Fanzhou
- Wang Xue v. Carlos Pérez (CUB)
- Juan Samper (COL) v. Guo Weidong
- Chen Jingzhao v. Adrian Villalta Cerdas (CR)
- Adrián Oliva (ECU) v. Yang Yongjiang
- Li Chunfang v. Renate Reisenegger (CHL)
- Rosario Papeschi (ARG) v. Li Yang
- Hao Tong v. Diego Luciano (MEX)
- Klaus de Aguiar (BRA) v. Li Hongyi
- Fernando Aguilar v. Cui Qianjin
- Zhang Fanzhou v. Abraham Florencia
- Juan Samper v. Wang Xue
- Guo Weidong v. Carlos Pérez
- Adrián Oliva v. Chen Jingzhao
- Yang Yongjiang v. Adrian Villalta Cerdas
- Rosario Papeschi v. Li Chunfang
- Li Yang v. Renate Reisenegger
- Klaus de Aguiar v. Hao Tong
- Li Hongyi v. Diego Luciano
While the outcome of the match was pretty much predictable, Diego’s results bring some light for the development of youth go in this region.
We leave you both of Diego’s game records for your review.